Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lets talk more about the reason I am here....my kids!

This has to be my favorite subject to blog about and after everyone has told me how much they like hearing about them I decided that I need to write about them more often! Although these kids do have the potential to drive me absolutely bonkers, I will say that most days they melt my heart:)  I am loving my babies(my 3 year olds) more and more. In the beginning their class was my greatest challenge. Their lessons were extremely hard for me to plan and conduct because of how little English they know and how hard it is to find little games for them to be able to understand.  But now I am so in love with them! They are like squeezing freshly baked cookies! haha. I love it when they attack me like they did today when I sit down in front of the class. although it takes some time to peel a bunch of 3 year olds off me and can get a little dangerous as limbs are thrown around and flying at my face, I love it! One of my fave little boys in this class, Oliver, will latch on to me if I am anywhere within reach for his little arms and this morning he came running up to me speaking Chinese to me and repeating the same question over and over again. It broke my heart that I couldn't understand what he was saying with such urgency that I felt like his life depended on the question he had. Luckily his teacher speaks English very well and said that he was asking how to say rhinnosaurus in English! hahahaha! so I told him how to say it and he was in complete awe at his new word.  I taught him that when I ask him what animal he likes he should say "I like rhinos"! made my whole day.
All last week in this class we worked on two songs of ours that they would perform for their parents on Friday. We did a new years song and Old McDonald. So when Friday came around I got to go down to the auditorium and sit with all of them for a bit.  as I walked up to them I felt like a big time celebrity. A they all burst out in "mac, mac, mac, mac, mac".  I crouched down in front of them and all of them were beside themselves.  Tony, another one of my fave boys, kept grabbing my hand to smother it with kisses nonstop. finally his mother had to pull him back and tell him to let go of me. Here are some pictures of my babies before they performed and some videos of my older kids singing "we wish you a merry christmas'.


               this is Jerry who is ALWAYS not matter what we are doing, is counting on with his fingers. Jady who has two hair styles: three ponytails(one on top and one on each side) or just one on the top of her head. Eric who is really quite but has such a cute laugh. Dora, one of my smartest girls who always yells out the answers louder than any of the other kids. and Yang Yang, this is his usual expression if he isnt tormenting someone and if I can get him to say 3 words its a successful week.
 Tony the hand kisser is in the second row right in the middles. he is wearing 
a red long sleeves with a puffy vest.
 back row: Ada, Miranda, Sine, Loic and Tony
front row: David, Elmer, Jerry and Jady
 back row: Denny, Apple, Oliver and Eason
front row: Lindray, Lucy and Candy
 ok, so I have to apalogize for my awful singing, but if I dont sing, they dont sing. and also sorry about the jumpiness of the camera, once again if I dont do the motions, they dont do the motions. but notice how much the love the actions that we do with the line "we wish you a merry christmas". I had kids taking other kids out due to their over exaggeration of the motion!

and here are a few of my favorite girls. this is Cici, Stella, Canny and Linda.  Canny is probably my favorite student. I always say that if her parents arent careful she will be growing up in America with me:) she is so spunky and has the best laugh ever. she is always calling me strawberry so now I always call her peach. its so great. this isnt the best video but I had to put it up just because of the girls in it.

this is a random pic from one of my classes. I was teaching the word jacket so I let a few of the kids put mine on. Here we have Cindy, one of my fave girls, being drowned in my coat. she is so little!

No comments:

Post a Comment